What are the oil companies doing with their record-breaking profits?
Killing clean air rules.
Oil is the most profitable industry in the world, period. For decades, Big Oil has been filling its pockets with massive profits while protecting its monopoly on dirty energy. Californians are facing a familiar fight. Oil companies and their friends are fear-mongering like never before. Consumers are being inundated with threats of job losses, economic peril, and price increases because Big Oil and old manufacturing “can’t afford” air quality standards that have been the law-of-the-land for years.
Get the facts – and share these stats:
- Big Oil makes more in 1 minute than 96% of U.S. households make in 1 year
- Big Oil receives more than $21.4 million in federal tax breaks per day
- Big Oil spends $167,000 per day lobbying Congress
- Big Oil made $14.4 million per day in 2012
- Californians paid $60 billion at the pump in 2011. Oil companies spend tens of
millions to kill CA’s clean energy standards
- In last 5 yrs Big Oil spent $2.9 trillion to find/produce oil, while only 0.173% went